This episode of the Trade Tech Talk podcast is an interview with Abe Cofnas.
You might recognize Mr. Cofnas from “Futures Magazine” – he writes frequently for that magazine, and he has an article in the October 2013 issue titled “Looking at Forex through 5-minute prisms”. He also has several books out, on both binary options and sentiment indicators.
Mr. Cofnas is the expert on Binary Options and also writes quite a bit about using sentiment to determine market direction. There are a couple surprises in this interview, and you’ll hear it – I was planning to discuss two topics with Mr. Cofnas: binary options, and sentiment indicators, and in the middle of the interview, I realize they are the same thing. It was such an interesting revelation.
Before the interview, I had read through several of Mr. Cofnas’s articles on binary options, and I had a good idea of how they worked, but as soon as we had finished the interview, I immediately bought his book “Trading Binary Options: Strategies and Tactics”. It is really good, and if you are at all curious about this topic, and how you can use binary options to improve your trading, I would highly recommend it.
In this episode, you’re going to learn:
- How binary options can be considered a sentiment indicator
- How you can use sentiment to improve your trading
- Why text mining of Facebook and Twitter for trading sentiment might not be such a good idea
- Where you can begin trading binary options
- Abe Cofnas’s book: Trading Binary Options: Strategies and Tactics
- Abe Cofnas’s book on sentiment: Sentiment Indicators – Renko, Price Break, Kagi, Point and Figure
- Abe Cofnas’s article on 5-minute binary options: Looking at forex through five-minute prisms
- The Learn4x web site: http://www.learn4x.com/
- The NADEX exchange, where you can trade binary options: http://www.nadex.com/
- The Cantor Exchange, where you can trade the new fast binaries: http://www.cantorexchange.com/